My name is Michael Hohlweg. I have no medical training, but I believe I have discovered the cause of diverticulitis!
|Hi, I’m Mike Hohlweg, author of Pain Free Foods. I believe this is the most effective diverticulitis, diverticulosis diet ever researched and written. We are a family business that strives to help every customer become pain free, inflammation free, symptom free, and attack and flare-up free. Please take five minutes to read what might be the most important information any diverticulitis sufferer could ever learn. We will not waste your time.|
What Your Doctors Are Taught !
- Doctors, nutritionists and gastroenterologists consider diverticulitis to be incurable. In fact, if you see a doctor for your diverticulitis or diverticulosis, he/she may have told you that you will get worse over time.
- Doctors know that diverticular disease (diverticulosis and diverticulitis) is simply a disease of inflammation, which in many cases is so severe that bulges (diverticula) are beginning to rupture through the wall of the patient’s colon.
- I believe that inflammation of the colon in diverticular disease patients is caused by eating foods I call “Catalyst Foods and Trigger Foods.”
- Your time is valuable. Please give me just a couple of minutes to explain why I believe this theory is accurate and why it might be the most important information any diverticulitis patient could know.
What Causes Diverticulitis ?
Please Don’t Skip This Section!
Allopathic medicine (meaning modern doctors and pharmaceutical companies) teaches that the cause and cure for diverticulitis are a mystery. This is not just my claim. Here are medical website links that prove what I am saying:
I completely agree with doctors and pharmaceutical companies when they admit that they don’t know the cause or cure for diverticulitis. I Asked Myself: “What reaches our colons that could be causing the inflammation? My belief is that It had to be either stomach acid or food, since that is all that reaches the colon. As it turns out, it is both that may be causing the inflammation and damage.
Imagine a hay fever patient doing yard work every day for years. Eventually he will have severe respiratory problems and possibly lung infections. His lungs, like your colon, will be inflamed. A doctor may offer nasal sprays, decongestants, and antibiotics. He may feel better, but if he keeps doing yard work, the suffering will continue and the inflammation will get worse. Does this sound like you? Do you keep eating the same foods the same way but hope to somehow get better? We can all tell the “allergy guy” how to get better. Somehow it is harder to fix ourselves. Are you still eating the same way that got you sick in the first place?
Here are The 9 Most Common Treatment Options For Diverticulitis Sufferers. You already know they don’t fix the problem.
If you have tried these, you know that they are short lived treatments and do not offer long term relief from diverticulitis.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Apply a heating pad or hot water bottle.
- Consider invasive, risky procedures (-oscopies), or even removal of all or part of the colon (-ectomies).
- Use antibiotics and other prescription meds and acid blockers.
- Maintain regular bathroom habits; avoid straining and laxatives.
- Undergo a colonoscopy, barium enema, X-rays, or scans.
- Take over-the-counter pain and acid blocking drugs.
- High fiber diet, low fiber diet, or a bland diet.
- Mayo Clinic Diet: Use the most recommended diet in the world for diverticulitis sufferers, which has never cured one patient. Read it from the Mayo Clinic’s own “mouth”: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diverticulitis-diet/my00736 Ask yourself why you submit to diets, procedures, and treatments that you and your doctor know… won’t work?
What Has Everyone Missed?
My theory is that diverticulitis and diverticulosis are related to stomach acid, just like other digestive disorders. Some others are GERD, heartburn, acid reflux, Crohn’s, colitis, IBD, IBS and celiac disease, to name a few. All these diseases have one thing in common: acid. Acid, in excess, can cause intestinal damage and inflammation. It may also cause the weakening of the colon lining which allows diverticula (pouches) to form. Medical studies agree that these conditions are related to the over- or even under-production of hydrochloric acid by the stomach during digestion.
This is why some of these diseases are even named after their acidic origins, names such as heartburn and acid reflux. Diverticulitis is one member of the acidic disease group. Again, if you want proof from the medical community, here are two internet sources that document the fact that GERD and other stomach disorders are related to stomach acid:
How Can We Know If Mike’s Theory is Correct?
I used to suffer from this acid related digestive disorder. Then for two years I lived overseas. While I was abroad, I ate what locals ate. During that time, I noticed that my digestive condition simply went away. Why would a “disease” just go away when I ate differently? When I returned home my condition came back. I eventually understood that it was my diet that was causing the problem. It was obvious to me.
I did my own research and found that diverticular disease exists predominantly in seven countries. The other 180+ countries, with billions of people, have very few cases of diverticulitis. Doubt what I am telling you? Here is what doctors at Cornell University said (paraphrased): 30% to 65% of the population in the “Western world” have this disease. Then they compared that rate to the rate elsewhere — Africa and Asia for example. The disease is epidemic in seven places, almost nonexistent in much of the world. We need a diverticulitis diet/diverticulosis diet and it can be simple! Again, here are the medical citations:
Which 7 places with only 15% of the world’s population have nearly 90% of the diverticulitis patients? Here they are: If you have diverticular disease, you are probably from one of the locations below:
What Do These 7 Hot Spots Have in Common?
With the few facts above, it didn’t take a medical degree to see that the over/under production of acid (and bad food combinations) may well be what is causing diverticulitis inflammation. Could avoiding five “trigger foods” and catalyst food mixes be the solution? I am confident that it is.
My next question was: If diet causes diverticulitis, could a diverticulitis diet (and diverticulosis diet) also end diverticulitis? I tested my theory on myself and for me, the answer was Yes.
Note: It is not legal to claim a cure for any disease including diverticular disease. I believe that the inflammation that leads to diverticulitis is completely preventable and reversible when we stop eating in a way that causes the inflammation in the first place. I do not call this a cure but rather, an “elimination of symptoms.”
For almost two years I tested my diverticulitis diet theories out on myself and two willing friends, who shared my digestive nightmare. Eventually I figured out which foods, when mixed together, seemed to cause all the trouble… I named those “catalyst foods!” I found that we could eat almost any food we wanted, but when we ate any two of the “catalyst foods” at the same time, the results were dramatic… dramatically bad. Sometimes the result was immediate, and sometimes delayed, but the result was always one or more of the following: heartburn, feeling acidic, bloating, horrible cramping, abdominal pain, gas, meals “just sitting there,” discomfort, and toilet “drama.”
Doctors Are Not Your Only Option !
As we proved earlier from the medical websites, doctors are taught that the cause of diverticulitis is a mystery. Would you hire a professional in any other field who told you he/she didn’t know the solution to your problem? If your mechanic told you he/she did not know how to fix your car… would you hire them and “hope for the best?”
Will this plan be hard to follow?
Pardon me while I switch from enthusiastic researcher and author, to a no-hype father and husband (my wife and daughter are my partners). Although the program is straightforward, changing your eating style is difficult. Yes, there are some who sell capsules, ebooks or diverticulitis diets, claiming “cures without effort”. That is not us, this is a real diverticulitis diet and you will have to change some things. You will still be able to eat 95% of the foods you are used to, but you will have to exercise restraint and avoid the catalyst foods and trigger food combinations in your chart. Rules are hard to follow but let me ask you this: Is it easy going through your current pain and attacks?
What Exactly Will I Get When I Have my own copy?
- You’ll receive the 25 page Diverticulitis Pain Free Foods Healing Plan downloaded now right to your computer screen. You don’t need to be a computer person, it’s automatic. (Hardcopy now available too!)
- Don’t like reading? Go straight to the “5-Minute Quick Start Guide” and eliminate the catalyst foods and trigger foods with your very next bite.
- Your Diverticulitis Pain Free Foods Healing Plan divides all food into categories. These categories are shown in a full-page color chart. This is as simple as a diverticulitis diet or diverticulosis diet can be.
- You can eat almost any food you want, just don’t eat two catalyst foods in a meal and never eat any trigger food. You will not be deprived or go hungry. You can even eat meat in moderation and drink coffee and tea and some alcohol. There are 5 foods that you should not eat (and almost everyone with diverticulitis eats them daily). We tell you what they are and which substitutes are perfectly acceptable.
- You get 200 Diverticulitis diet recipes (72 pages). Use the recipe collection to make your own custom menu for a week or two until you get used to using the simple chart. Since the recipe collection has breakfasts, lunches, dinners and all other choices you need. Just pick the ones that sound great to you and you have your own custom menu!
- New, the 7-day menu and shopping list! We received so many requests for this, we had no choice. We hand select 21 great meals from the program and give you a shopping list for the store. Just delete what you already have on hand, and you’re set.
- The new book, “50 Things You Absolutely Must Know” that answers every question thousands of customers have asked us during years of coaching.
- The “Eat Out Guide.” This is a chart in the book which can be printed out. Hardcopy and Platinum customers get a laminated pocket size version too.
- Everyone gets free unlimited email support, Hardcopy and Platinum customers get free phone support with Rachel Hohlweg, the co-author. Emails and calls answered 7 days a week! If you don’t believe it, call us during daylight hours (U.S. Central timezone), any day of the week: Rachel, 417 274-3966. We answer the phone or call you back!
- We charge very little for what we give. We have been told by customers we should be charging over $100.00 but as a family we can keep our costs low.
All Three Options Include all six bonuses:
This is the book that sells out at every printing and has helped thousands learn the perfect diverticulitis diet. People with diverticulitis, who have read these 20 plus pages tell us they don’t know how they lived without this book.
200 great recipes! Entrees, desserts, breads, smoothies, snacks and side dishes. The catalyst food and trigger food rules are already built in for you. Just pick something that sounds great ans start eating. No thinking necessary.
$29 Value – Yours Free
“Eat out guide”. This color chart in your book lets you safely eat anywhere. Use this to eat at restaurants or friend’s homes. Hardcopy and Platinum orderers also receive a pocket laminated card version to have at all times.
People kept telling us: “Just tell me what to eat now” or “tell me what to eat at each meal.” This menu does exactly that. Eat for a week or more without having to make decisions. We even include a shopping list to take to the store.
$15 Value – Yours Free
Contact us anytime about anything, 7 days a week. Email: “email@example.com”. Rachel is glad to help. No other online diverticulitis program provides you with this quality of support!
$35 Value – Yours Free
You need to know how to end diarrhea, constipation, bloating, excess acid, stop attacks and flare-ups. Secrets to every question we’ve heard in 5 years of coaching are in “50 Things You Absolutely Must Know.”
$25 Value – Yours Free
How to choose your program
Digital versions (PDF) are sent immediately and work on computers, KIndles, smart phones, etc. The four book set shown in the picture comes as a single spiral bound laminated volume. Having a hard time? Call Rachel directly: 417 274-3966
* If you are fairly comfortable on the computer and won’t mind reading a PDF book (works like a Kindle book), or if money is an issue, the “Digital Program” is for you.
* If you like having a book in your hand when you read but would also like a free digital version sent now so you can start, choose the “Hardcopy.”
* If you are a visual learner and want the author to explain everything step by step in over 100 videos (fully indexed), the “Platinum Program” has everything… Hardcopy, free digital version, and lifetime video access.
Note: Please allow up to 45 mins for your digital book to arrive in your email. It is a large PDF (computer, Kindle and smartphone friendly). We will walk you through any ordering issue personally. Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rachel: 417 274-3966
DPFF is not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. If you are seeing a doctor or taking medications, continue to do so and consult with your physician before starting any new eating or nutrition program or changing your medication regimen. We do believe in this program and stand behind our guarantee 100%, but we are never going to be aware of all the conditions or complications that may exist in an individual patient. DPFF is not supervised by doctors or nurses. None of the statements on this website or within the program have been evaluated by the FDA or any other agency of any government.